Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Disney's "High School Musical" is a Phenomenon

I couldn't believe it: Sunday afternoon while preparing dinner, my daughter implored me to play "High School Musical." My wife taped the movie on our Dish Network DVR a few months ago and I was more than happy to find something for my 4-year old daughter to do while I cooked. The movie begins with a song... and she knew every word! And she knew the next song and the next song and the next one! She would even rewind it back to sing some songs two and three times.

I missed the bus on this one. Apparently, "High School Musical" is the greatest thing since Annette Funicello met Frankie Avalon! The soundtrack for the movie has hit Number 1 on the charts and millions of kids have been watching it since its debut on the Disney Channel in January. I still haven't watched the movie from start to finish, but it looks like Disney has a bona fide blockbuster on its hands. I wonder if they plan to make a series out of it - a la "That's So Raven"?

No comments: