Friday, March 30, 2007

2007 Black Engineer of the Year Award

The Black Engineer of the Year Award is presented by Daimler Chrysler and recognized outstanding achievements by Black engineers. Richard Roundtree is the host of the event which begins with a 2 song set by Jennifer Holiday. This video is the complete 3 hour award show. This year's recipient is Rodney C. Adkins, VP of Technology for IBM Corporation. I suggest that you "fast forward" to the 2:37 mark to see the actual presentation of the Black Engineer of the Year Award.



plez sez: I decided to blog about this event for a number of reasons. Number one, this is a good news story about Black people doing the right thing at work and in their community. Number two, I know Rodney C. Adkins. He is my fraternity brother (he was quite "instrumental" in my becoming a member of Kappa Alpha Psi back in 1982), he is a fellow Electrical Engineering graduate of Georgia Tech, and he has been a friend and a mentor over the past 25 years.

It gives me great pride to post something positive about a good friend of mine.

No comments: