Tuesday, July 03, 2007

What's Your Political Persuasion?

You Are a "Don't Tread On Me" Libertarian

You distrust the government, are fiercely independent, and don't belong in either party.
Religion and politics should never mix, in your opinion... and you feel oppressed by both.
You don't want the government to cramp your self made style. Or anyone else's for that matter.
You're proud to say that you're pro-choice on absolutely everything!


plez sez: i scooped this little "blogthing" while perusing over at Booker Rising.

i have to agree with the assessment given: especially, after Bush's commutation of Scooter Libby's prison sentence, i don't trust our government (especially, the Feds) as far as i can throw them! i occasionally feel oppressed by politics and i'm most certainly depressed by the ridiculousness of religion (especially the one i'm supposed to be part of), so i definitely don't want the two mixed (on ANY level). i want the government to leave me (and my family) alone and i promise to stay out of the government. as far as i'm concerned, your rights END where my rights BEGIN... and as long as we are in agreement with that, life is GOLDEN!

if i could only find someone to vote for who shares my beliefs!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I might like this one so I tried it. The questions never had an answer I really wnted to choose. Then the result called me a "New School Democrat" and had the nerve to say I like politics. I can't put that up on my website, because it's a crock of crap.

plez... said...

Come on, EM, you know that you are one of the "knee jerk" Liberals that we always read about in the paper! *smile*

Mizrepresent said...

I have to say i agree with you wholeheartedly! Great post! oh and btw...I'm Liberal For Life", a bleeding heart...lol!

David Sullivan said...

I came out a don't tread on me libertarian. Makes sense since my cuz Suldog (Jim Sullivan) was the chair of the Mass Libertarian Party. Look up Sullivan's from Massachusetts on Politicalgraveyard.com and see my prominent political family.

Unknown said...

I took this again the other day. I too came out as a Libertarian though I consider myself a Libertarian leaning Republican (LLR).

I can agree with you about not trusting the feds…So why would people want the feds to be responsible for their healthcare (Universal/Socialized healthcare pushed by every Democratic Presidential candidate).

The only candidate that is remotely close is Ron Paul. He would be the worst nightmare for both the Democrats and Republicans. It just looks like he is polling too low. The best “1st tier” candidate would be Fred Thompson. At least he believes in Federalism.

plez... said...

mizrepresent,
come to the Dark Side, sister! *smile*

david,
i'll have to check you guys out... since it was a bunch of guys from massachusets (boston tea party, shot heard 'round the world, etc.) who started this whole liberty thing back in the 1770's!

llr,
...and all this time i thought llr stood for "liberal leaning right"! *smile*

for-profit health care is for people who can afford it... and a vast number of Americans cannot afford it because it is too expensive. health care is not a commodity like oil, soybeans, or pork bellies, as such, the cost of it is too much for the average American... that is the one area where i favor more government oversight to cut the waste, reduce insurance fraud, regulate costs, and distribute health care (preventive care and well care) to more Americans.

vcthree said...

Let me ad one caveat to the healthcare game--you can also be denied individual (non-work group) healthcare if the HMO board decides you have too much of a health risk to be insured.

plez... said...

david,
there's a whole bunch of you Sullivans (Thomas, Sr., Thomas Jr., and James)clogging up the political works up there in Massachusetts! *smile* a good friend of mine here in Georgia is married to Massachusetts Governor Duvall Patrick's wife.

plez... said...

VC3,
HMO's have all sorts of fine print... their job is to find ways NOT to provide you the care that you need!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Damn! New School Democrat! Just read what Exodus Mentality said...