Thursday, December 06, 2007

In Rotation - The Return (Part X)


"If you hear any noise, it's just me and the boys... gettin' it!"
- from "Mothership Connection (Star Child)" by Parliament


It seems like FOREVER since I've posted In Rotation... so I'm just feeling the mellow sounds of the ladies tonight. Sitting here at my desk and letting my iPod take me away... so far away that I'm having an out-of-plezWorld experience... check it out!

  1. "5 Miles to Empty" from the Still Climbing LP by Brownstone


    I could only find "Grapevine" by Brownstone... but you can still feel it, can't you?!?

  2. "Put Your Records On" from the self titled LP by Corinne Bailey Rae


    I love this song... and not only because she shares the same first name as my wife! *smile*

  3. "Hero" from the Music Box LP by Mariah Carey


  4. "Sittin' Up In My Room" from the Waiting to Exhale LP by Brandy


    From the Babyface produced LP from the movie "Waiting to Exhale".

  5. "Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)" from the Rainbow LP by Mariah Carey

    Mariah tears into this Phil Collins standard.

  6. "Unbreakable" from the Unplugged LP by Alicia Keys


    I love this girl... she can play on my piano ANYTIME!

  7. "Dream Lover" from the Music Box LP by Mariah Carey

    A nice little groove from Mariah Carey, back from when she could hit those ultra-high notes.

  8. "Nothing Even Matters" from the The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill LP by Lauryn Hill

    Lauryn and D'Angelo chop it up... there are no weak cuts on this album.

  9. "Irreplaceable" from the B'day LP by Beyonce'


    I hope you enjoy the Reggae influenced remix of Beyonce's hit!

  10. "Tell Him" from the The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill LP by Lauryn Hill

    Now this is a love song... I love the background harmony.

  11. "Shut Up and Drive" from the Good Girl Gone Bad LP by Rihanna


    It has a NASTY rock-tinged opening riff... this song makes me wanna just shut up and drive (real fast)!

  12. "Ex Factor" from the The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill LP by Lauryn Hill


    Damn... I can feel the pain in this song! If you've ever been in love before, then you've been through this before.

  13. "How Come You Don't Call Me" from the Songs in A Minor LP by Alicia Keys

    Finally an artist that can do a Prince song some justice!

  14. "Umbrella" from the Good Girl Gone Bad LP by Rihanna featuring Jay-Z


    Quite polished for a first song... and getting help from Hova can't hurt!


embedded audio for select songs courtesy of radio.blog.club.

No comments: