Friday, January 18, 2008

The 6th Degree: Do Be Have

Lewis Empire blog describes itself as "strategies to help manage your finances, invest your money and retire young." plezWorld found an interesting meme tucked away in this blog post. Lewis has apparently developed something called the 62 Steps to Success based on Jack Canfield’s book, "The Success Principles." The basic premise is that in order to work towards something, you need to know what you’re going to learn (Be), experience (Do), and get to play with (Have).

The meme seems pretty simple, come up with make your list of 10 things you want to do, 10 things you want to have, and 10 things you want to become. Well, it turned out to be a lot more difficult than I had expected. Here’s my list:
Do
  • Blog everyday in 2008
  • Skydive
  • Drive a car over 200 mph
  • Get invited to the White House by the President
  • Endow a scholarship in my name at my alma mater
  • Dunk a basketball, again
  • Teach a high school calculus class
  • Find and visit my ancestral home on the African continent
  • Sing the National Anthem before a football game
  • Walk my daughter down the aisle at her wedding

    Be
  • An expert in my field (whatever that may be)
  • An elected official
  • 50-year old retiree
  • A good husband and father
  • A role model for my community
  • The basis of a positive story on the nightly news
  • Reincarnated, so I can do it right the next time
  • My destiny
  • A trusted advisor
  • Happy

    Have
  • $1,000,000 in my bank account
  • A red Cadillac Escalade
  • Life Membership Pin
  • A seat on the Space Shuttle
  • Respect of my family
  • No debt
  • Great grandson
  • My daughter's PhD hood
  • A beach house in the Caribbean
  • My health

  • I'm probably supposed to tag some other blogs to compel them to complete this meme, but I find that process so passe'... so if you've gotten this point in my post, consider yourself tagged! *smile*

    [Hat Tip: Lewis Empire]


    plez sez:

    the third installment of the sixth degree of plezWorld:

    1st Degree: Brown Sugar
    2nd Degree: Whitney's Big Adventure
    3rd Degree: Reggie, another kid with good* credit
    4th Degree: Dual Income No Kids
    5th Degree: CheddarBlog
    6th Degree: Lewis Empire

    ...and 1 Lap Around the Sun!

    What is the sixth degree of plezWorld? Find the answer here.

    No comments: