Thursday, February 23, 2006

In Rotation - Thursday's Groove (Part I)

Anyone who knows plez... knows the deal. Gotta have my music: gotta be able to tap my foot to it, gotta be able to get a "mini-swerve on" while I'm getting my 'blog on, gotta make me smile, gotta make we wanna sing, gotta make me wanna cry, and it gotta be on The One.

The best thing since sliced bread is the Apple iPod. I won my Mini in a contest at work last year and I've been hooked ever since. I gave my daughter a Shuffle, and my wife sports a Nano that was a gift from a client. At the office, I'm usually plugged into my laptop listening via iTunes. When I'm on the plane - which I do twice a week - I got the Mini poppin' my eclectic blend of R&B, Soul, Hip Hop, Funk, Old School, Neo-soul, and Prince ... with a sprinkling of Pop.

Things are alittle slow in the office, so I thought I'd get my 'blog on with a taste of what's In Rotation. It's Thursday afternoon, so I must be listening to my "50 Least Played Hits" Playlist to hear songs recently purchased from the (iTunes Music Store) and less heard playlists.

I crunch crushed ice as I sip on a glass of ice water and lemon slices. Here's the music flowing out of my iPod onto the dancefloor of my mind:

Over and Over by Madonna (Extended Re-mix)
She Drives Me Wild by Michael Jackson
Irresistible Bitch by Prince
Gold Digger by Kanye West (Featuring Jamie Foxx)
Heartbreak Hotel by Whitney Houston
Spotlight by Madonna (Extended Re-mix)
You Know That I Love You by Donell Jones
The Glamorous Life by Sheila E. (9 Minute Dance Jam)
Blood On The Dance Floor by Michael Jackson
Tender Lover by Babyface

What If by Ruben Studdard
In the Closet by Michael Jackson
Jumpin' Jack Flash by The Rolling Stones
Hard To Get by Rick James
Mountains by Prince
Hypnotize by The Notorious B.I.G. (Explicit Version)
Distant Lover (Live) by Marvin Gaye (Wet Panties Version)
Satisfaction by Otis Redding
Bustin' Out (On Funk) by Rick James
I Wonder U by Prince

Ghetto Life by Rick James
Free Yourself by Fantasia
Sexy M.F. by Prince & The New Power Generation
I'll Always Love You by Babyface
Love The One You're With by Luther Vandross
So What the Fuss by Stevie Wonder (With Prince on Lead Guitar)
Bambi by Prince
Back In My Arms Again by The Supremes
Truth Is by Fantasia
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) by Sly & The Family Stone

The Soundtrack of plezWorld plays on, but I have to go to my Status Meeting.

To be continued...

No comments: