Thursday, January 15, 2009

"Real Housewives of Atlanta" - The Drama Continues...

NBA Star Eric and RHOA DeShawn Snow with unidentified personDeShawn Snow confirmed that she was booted because she wasn’t enough of a “circus” drama queen relative speaking to the others... in other words, she wasn't good television. If you recall, Lisa Hartwell played nice (almost too nice) until she came out of the box Kim during the reunion show.

Here is a snippet of Snow's comments at Essence.com:
ESSENCE.COM: What reason did they give for not inviting you back for the second season?

SNOW: [A producer of the show] called and said that I was “too human for a circus show” and that because the show did so well, they are about to pump up the drama and they didn’t think that I would fit in. He gave me an example, saying that during the reunion when I found out what a few of the other ladies said about me, they were expecting me to say more, but I’m not the type to go “television” and start acting crazy because somebody’s talking about me. I’m fine with the decision. It wasn’t my decision. They let me go and there are no hard feelings. I am thankful for the opportunity.


~ ~ ~

Usher & Tameka RaymondIn other Atlanta "Housewives" news, it was rumored that Usher's wife, Tameka Raymond, was slated to be the new "Real Housewife" in the Atlanta show. Raymond quickly quashed those rumors, "Although [Bravo] approached me, and I was flattered by the offer, I will not be joining the 'Real Housewives' cast."

Raymond, the CEO of Swanky Image Group and owner of Hides & Dungarees Denim Collection, welcomed her second son, Naveid Ely, with her pop star hubby last December. The couple had their first son, Usher V, in November 2007.

~ ~ ~


plez sez: now they got me waiting for season two of this *ISH*! deshawn wasn't a good fit from the beginning, she was too nice (and boring). the ONLY reason to tune is to see the fur fly and she wasn't gonna make that happen, so they'll find someone who will!

now before everyone in the ATL starts ranting and raving about the depiction of Black women in atlanta in the show, you should check out the foolishness that is currently going on in the "Real Housewives of Orange County"! cattiness, small minds, and ridiculousness of the idle rich knows no race... those white chicks are just as outrageous as their Black counterparts.

~ ~ Citations ~ ~

Read the AJC.com article about changes to the cast of the "Real Housewives of Atlanta".

Read the Essence.com article about Usher's wife, Tameka, is not joining "Real Housewives of Atlanta".

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~




2 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

another reason i dont look at tv - have a blessed 2009 folk

Lori said...

Hmm . . . now, you know I'm not from the ATL, but I've gotta say, perhaps in the end, it's better to be portrayed as boring than a zip-dang-fool (smile).

Nothing wrong with mindless entertainment. We've all got our shows, myself included (LOL). But I guess I'm just geting a wee bit tired of seeing us always cast as buffoons . . . if we're poor, we're ignorant and buffoons . . . if we're middle class . . . we're ignorant and buffoons . . . when we go off to college, seeking an education(College Hill) again, we're ignorant and buffoons . . .

But I guess since we continue to watch . . . Nah, I'm not gonna go there (LOL).