Hey, it's the Fourth of July, it's hot outside, it's the Funk of July, the fireworks are ready to explode... how about some P-Funk?!? It's Friday, getting ready for the Family Reunion tomorrow, and my iPod got this uncut P-Funk all up in my earhole! Enjoy... but please don't fake the FUNK!
- "Up For The Down Stroke" from the Tear the Roof Off (Disc 1) LP by Parliament
"Get up for the Down Stroke... everybody get up!"
- "Red Hot Mama [Live]" from the Standing On the Verge of Getting It On LP by Funkadelic
If you've never seen Parliament-Funkadelic live, then you've never been funked up. These brothers are cuttin' em up on guitar... it is rumored that Eddie Hazel was asked to play the solo like Jimi Hendrix.
- "Mothership Connection (Star Child)" from the Tear the Roof Off (Part 1) LP by Parliament
"If you hear any noise, it's just me and the boys... gettin' it!"
- "Groovallegiance" from the One Nation Under A Groove LP by Funkadelic
The United Funk of Funkadelica!
- "Reach for It" from the The Essential George Duke LP by George Duke
"I'm gonna take you to the bridge and drop you off into some... funk!"
- "Funkentelechy" from the Funkentelechy vs. The Placebo Syndrome LP by Parliament
10 minutes of unadulterated funk for ya... definitely in every real fan's Top 10.
- "Funkin' For Fun" from the Tear the Roof Off (Part 1) LP by Parliament
"Don't worry about me, we're just funkin' around... for fun!"
- "Who Says A Funk Band Can't Play Rock" from the Best of Funkadelic 1976-1981 LP by Funkadelic
"Who says a jazz band can't play dance music, who says a rock band can't play funk, and who says a funk band can't play rock!"
- "Mr. Wiggles" from the Tear the Roof Off LP by Parliament
This song was part of the Aqua Boogie phenomenon that spread across America in the late 70's... and yes, I went to the concert with goggles and snorkel!
- "Lunchmeatophobia (Think! It Ain't Illegal Yet)" from the Best of Funkadelic 1976-1981 LP by Funkadelic
The GrooveMasta is sho' nuff throwin' down to some Funkadelic. "Think! Think! It ain't illegal, yet."
- "Rumpofsteelskin" from the Tear the Roof Off LP by Parliament
- "Body Slam" from the Back in the Day: Best of Bootsy LP by Bootsy's Rubber Band
More dance, less funk... but I still like it.
- "Flash Light" from the Tear the Roof Off LP by Parliament
The ULTIMATE Party song... 'nuff said!
- "Standing on the Verge of Getting It On" from the Standing on the Verge of Getting It On LP by Funkadelic
For the funky people: "People... what cha doing? Standing on the verge of getting it on, we're getting it on!"
- "Atomic Dog" by George S. Clinton
"Why must I feel like that? Why must I chase the cat?"
Now, that's what I call the Funk of July... I hope you enjoy the Fourth and the Funk as much as I did!