Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween in plezWorld


Photo courtesy of my Palm Treo 680


Every year about this time, plezWorld gets into the Spirit of Halloween. As you can see, the bag of candy for the little ghouls and goblins sits waiting by the front door. And my daughter reminded me that she had better not come home from school tomorrow afternoon without a pumpkin sitting on the front porch!

Maybe it's because I grew up in North Tarrytown, New York, which is the location of the Washington Irving's "Legend of Sleepy Hollow". Maybe it's because my father used to bring home the biggest damn pumpkin around which we'd carve and leave on the front porch with a lit candle inside, while we munched on the roasted seed. Maybe it's because I had so much fun as a child going door to door yelling, "Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF!"

Maybe it's because I now live in a "cool subdivision that has good candy" that we get a constant barrage of kids in all matter of costume ringing our doorbell into the night looking for the sweet treats.



Or maybe because of the SugarPlum, my seven-year old daughter (shown here in last year's witch outfit), who plans to "terrorize" the neighbors this year as Sharpay from "High School Musical"!

Whatever the reason, let me say, "HAPPY HALLOWEEN, ya'll!"