Friday, April 06, 2007

Ramblin' Wreck Roundtable - I

Ramblin' Racket is hosting a roundtable of Georgia Tech Sports Blogs. Being a loyal Yellow Jacket, Tech alum, and 10+ year GT Football Season Ticket Holder, I've decided to join in on the fun.

The Ramblin' Wreck Roundtable features a series of questions that are answered simultaneously on different Tech blogs during the offseason. plezWorld is not a Tech sports blog, but I welcome the GT Sports Fix to get me through the next 5 months until I can get back to Bobby Dodd Stadium.

Please take some time to check out the answers from the rest of the Roundtable:
Ramblin' Racket
GT Sports Blog
What's the Good Word?
YellowBlazer's World

    Ramblin' Wreck Roundtable
  1. (Single obligatory basketball question) What do you make of the ACC's postseason in basketball? Was the conference overrated, or did the teams just get unlucky draws in the tourney?

    It appears that the SEC has pulled close, some would say that it is almost even with the ACC. And I would contend that the ACC may be slightly overrated. Tech was a marginal selection to the NCAA Tournament and UNC was only slightly better than Tech. The proof is in the pudding, no ACC teams in the Final Four: welcome to parity in college basketball!

  2. On to football! Where will Georgia Tech be ranked in the preseason polls, and where do you think the Jackets should be ranked?

    Despite our wins and close games against top opponents (Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, Miami, etc.), GT Football doesn't seem to get much respect from the pollsters. I see us falling between 25 and 30 in the preseason. After an early win against a top opponent (again), we should fall into the top 20, but we'll have to be undefeated to even smell the top 10 next season!

  3. All due credit to Tech's 2006 squad, but we benefited from Miami and other teams' lackluster seasons. Will the big-reputation programs like FSU and Miami be back in 2007?

    Miami will have a new coach and a new attitude, but I expect them to be only marginally better than last season. Florida State may be "down" until Bobby Bowden decides to call it quits.

  4. Our out-of-conference schedule is exciting, with Notre Dame and Georgia bookending the season, and while Army is a cupcake, playing a military academy is kinda cool in my book. Which game are you more stoked about between ND and UGA? Also, what ACC games are you most excited about?

    I like the history of playing a storied team like Notre Dame, but NOTHING gets me worked up like getting ready for the Georgia Bulldawgs (my wife is an alum of UGA)! I'm love it when we play Clemson, always a good game. And I'm sure Virginia Tech will come to Atlanta looking for revenge for last year's near blowout!

  5. Lighting Round! (Cue "Eye of the Tiger") Name the first thing that comes to mind, as fast as you can:
    * Calvin Johnson: The Best... ever!
    * Tailgate Food: Jim Beam marinated steaks, grilled chicken wings, potato salad, and a Corona (hold the lime).
    * Beesball: B-o-r-i-n-g! I played Little League for 6 years and never understood the allure of baseball.
    * Taylor Bennett: Hope springs eternal... Godsey-in-waiting!

  6. How do you deal with the football offseason? Prayer? Hibernation? Blogging?
    Hibernation. I will come out of hiding at the Notre Dame Kickoff on September 1st.

4 comments:

Dave J. said...

Tell you what Plez, I too love college football. As a South Central Michiganian, my love happens to be directed towards the Michigan State Spartans. Yeah I know, oof not so great. Whats it been anyways? Last Rose Bowl was... err 1988? Heh.

Ah man, I long for return of football season. Funny how by the end it's kind of played out, yet look how quickly we yearn for it to be back. ^^ Maybe someday our teams will play? :)

Hope you had a splendid vacation, AND, I got to add, good to see you posting again. Welcome back.

plez... said...

Dave,

thanks, we had a great time in florida... and GO JACKETS!

Francis Holland said...

Plez, thanks for linking to my piece,"Free Your African Hair!" I just added your blog to my Afrosphere Links list, too! Thanks for adding my blog to your blog list.

"There's Power In Linking Our Afrosphere Blogs!"

Businessfield said...

Here we show you some the Best mouse for small hands
according to the Best feature. The idea of the computer mouse hatched in the year 1964 from the great mind of Douglas Englebart. It was just a block of wooden one or two buttons on the top. The mouse’s design went through a significant evolution curve to reach the point where it is now. The evolution occurred with the escalating use of computers and a faster pace of the digital world that demands efficiency.