There is never a good time to drag the family members (especially the children) of a candidate through the mud, except when said candidate makes it a point to make their children part of the equation. Such is the case with Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin. By aspiring for the second highest position in the land - a heartbeat from the presidency - this woman has dragged her politics and family out of the backwoods of the Alaskan high country into the living room of every American.
As plezWorld mentioned in a previous post, the question of the maternity of the Palin baby is not the issue, the issue is the public trust and judgement of Sarah Palin to be the Vice President of the United States.
Almost as if the McCain/Palin campaign has been perusing the blogosphere over the last 2 days, they have come up with a plausible reason WHY the 17-year old daughter is not the mother of the 4-month old Palin baby... because she is currently 5 months pregnant!
plezWorld has to admit, I never saw this coming... but it also raises more than a few eyebrows about the Palins and their extremely fertile womenfolk!
By extension, she has begged the following questions:
- Who is the mother of the 4-month old Palin boy? Sarah Palin? Or 17-year old Bristol Palin?
- Is it true that Sarah Palin went into labor a month early in Texas while carrying a special needs baby and still decided to take an 8 hour commercial flght all the back to Alaska to give birth in a small regional medical facility that doesn't have a neo-natal ICU? Or did the Palins fly back from Texas to meet their pregnant daughter who had gone into labor at a small regional medical facility?
- Take a look at these pictures of the newborn Palin baby on the day he was born (here), does this look like a preemie? Would you have a premature baby out and about in the hospital on the day he was born?
- Based on news that broke on Monday afternoon (read articles here and here and here and here), is 17-year old Bristol Palin really 5 months pregnant? Or is this a ruse to "throw us off the scent" of the true maternity of the 4-month old baby?
- And if young Bristol is pregnant, did she get pregnant while layed up with mononucleosis? Or was the bout with mono a ruse to "throw us off the scent" of something more salacious and newsworthy?!?
- If the McCain campaign was so comfortable with the knowledge that Palin's 17-year old pregnant unwed daughter (who missed a significant portion of the last school year with a mysterious disease), why did they wait until the Internet blew up with the story about Sarah Palin being a grandmother to release that information? Or was that story made up over the weekend as the grandmother story started bubbling up?
- How willing is this young man (Levi Johnston) to get married and become a father? (Read these stories about Bristol's young beau who claims that he doesn't want kids here and here to gain some insight - notice how she mysteriously left school mid-year to attend another school in Anchorage)
- Will the fact that her 17-year old daughter got knocked up make Sarah Palin re-think her stance on abstinence-only sex education in public schools?~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
- What was the extent of the McCain vetting process for Palin? Why weren't key legislators, business leaders, and community leaders consulted in the vetting process for Palin? Has the family of Bristol's boyfriend been vetted?
- John McCain wrapped up his nomination a whole 2 months before Barack Obama, why was he so lax and cursory in his vetting of possible running mates? Why was Gov. Palin picked at "the last minute"? (Read about McCain's vetting of Palin here)
- Lastly, does this whole mess with Gov. Palin sound like a person who is serious candidate to be the Vice President of the United States? Does this whole mess sound like John McCain is a serious candidate to be President of the United States?
Full statement from Sarah and Todd Palin:
"We have been blessed with five wonderful children who we love with all our heart and mean everything to us. Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that as parents we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned. We’re proud of Bristol’s decision to have her baby and even prouder to become grandparents. As Bristol faces the responsibilities of adulthood, she knows she has our unconditional love and support.
"Bristol and the young man she will marry are going to realize very quickly the difficulties of raising a child, which is why they will have the love and support of our entire family. We ask the media to respect our daughter and Levi’s privacy as has always been the tradition of children of candidates."
plez sez: ain't this some *ish*!!! instead of clearing up the mystery surrounding the 4-month old palin baby, the palin family and the mccain campaign have ratcheted up the scrutiny around this whole sordid affair. to plezWorld it seems that the palins have come up with one lie to coverup another lie. i have no idea where this will lead, but i do know that this was a BAD IDEA to subject the citizens of the united states to the possibility of having someone with such poor judgement to the presidency. george w. bush may be an idiot, but sarah palin is even worse!
this is a sad state of us politics... we can only hope that gov. palin will drop out of the race to attend to the needs of her growing family.