Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Guilty Pleasure in plezWorld

OK, I admit it... after college football, "The Wire" on HBO, "The Shield" on FX, and "24" on Fox, "America's Next Top Model" on the CW Network is my favorite show on television. I record it every week and usually wait until everyone is in bed before winding down with a big bowl of ice cream and watch the bevy of beauties on display every week. The premise of the show is ex-Super Model (and Talk Show Host) Tyra Banks takes 13 young women from around America and transforms them into models. By weekly photo shoot competitions and a final runway show, the last contestant standing is America's Next Top Model (ANTM).

I've been following Cycle 8 with interest; I selected my favorite contestant back in Week 1 and have been pretty anxious to see if she would win. I picked Jaslene - a saucy Latina from Chicago - and I have been following her progress throughout the show. Tonight, the final fashion show came down to Jaslene versus Natasha (a Russian immigrant).

Jaslene is AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL. I'm happy that she won, but as with the final episode of all my favorite shows, I'm sorry that it's over.

Congratulations to Jaslene for winning America's Next Top Model... and thanks to Tyra Banks for bringing beauty back to television.


Jaslene and ANTM: plezWorld's Guilty Pleasure!





6 comments:

Tafari said...

I am happy t know that I am not the only guy who tunes in!

I am happy for the Cha-Cha Diva. I was really thinking that it was going to boil down to her & Renee but was happy to see Renee go home so she could pawn her jewelry (LOL).

I like Jaslene, she pretty & has a great personality but she is too damn skinny. She needs to eat some cheesy grits or something to get some meat them bones.

The really cool thing is that she stuck to her guns & told them should would be back since when she got kicked off last season & she did & on top of all that, she beat them all.

Now I am ready for cycle 9.

Peace,
Bygbaby

plez... said...

ha ha ha... i'm sure there are a lot men who enjoy the weekly eye-candy and the exploits of the ANTM housemates!

all that i'll say about Jaslene being too skinny: to each his own! *smile*

...and like you, i'm ready for Cycle 9 to kick in!

Shai said...

I agree with Bygbaby, I am glad she won. She needs to gain a lil, she is six o-clock when she turns to the side. I love her personality and her facial features.

plez... said...

shai,
OK, Jaslene could use a lil' more meat on her bones!

my sister's name is shea... pronounced the same way as yours! thanks for dropping by plezWorld.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you publicly admitted to liking this show. In an act of solidarity I'll say that I wanted Felicia to win when the show first started and Jaslene was my second pick. We should be ashamed of ourselves. (I can't wait for the new search for the next Pussycat Doll!)

plez... said...

keith,

HA HA HA! but i never could get into the Pussycat Dolls... the premise was a bit too contrived for me (Puff Daddy does the Making the Band thing a lot better), i never really heard of them (PCD) except for that catchy littlejingle that is used in the Heineken commercial, and having Lil' Kim as one of the judges does not lend much credibility to your show! *smile*